Orzo Salad with Pine Nuts and Feta
My 15 year old daughter requests (demands? begs? holds her breath til she turns blue?) this salad on a weekly basis she loves it that much. I love it as well but luckily it is easily doubled or I would NEVER GET ANY!
We like it on its own for a light meat - especially during this time of year - but it is wonderful paired with some grilled shrimp and a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio ( for me, not her).
I was going to make it today, but I have no feta. I MUST make it tomorrow so I will post a photo then.
1 lborzo pasta
5 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 colive oil
1/2 - 3/4 cpine nuts, toasted
1 1/2 cfeta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cchives, minced
1/4 citalian parsley, chopped
3/4 ckalamata (greek) olives, chopped
How to Make Orzo Salad with Pine Nuts and Feta
- Cook orzo in boiling, salted water 7-8 minutes until al dente.
While pasta is cooking, gather the rest of your ingredients.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
When pasta is done, drain well.
- Chop the chives and parsley.
Crumble the feta (unless it already is crumbled).
- Dump the cooked orzo into a bowl (I like to use a pretty crystal one for this salad, I don't know why).
Add the rest of the ingredients to the orzo.
Add the dressing and toss everything together.
Chill. Eat. Enjoy!
- I make an extra batch of dressing to keep on hand if the orzo soaks up too much or dries out a bit while in the fridge.
This is not only tasty...it is a very pretty dish.