Orecchiette with Anchovies, Broccoli & Tomatoes
·360g gragnano ‘orecchiette’ pasta
·80g cetara anchovy fillets
·60g vorrei sundried tomatoes in olive oil
·1 chilli pepper
·cenzino organic extra virgin olive oil q. b
·1 clove of garlic
·handful of parsley
·sprinkle of fresh or dried thyme
How to Make Orecchiette with Anchovies, Broccoli & Tomatoes
- Chop the thyme if fresh. Remove the seeds from the chilli pepper and chop it finely.
- Cut the heads of the broccoli into small pieces, cut up the more tender stalks too, place heads and stalks in a large pan of cold water and bring to the boil, once the water boils add some salt and the orecchiette pasta too and cook following the instructions on the packet.
- Chop the Vorrei Sundried Tomatoes into little pieces.
- Heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a frying pan, add the garlic clove, the anchovies, the chilli and the thyme, cook until the anchovies become lighter in colour.
- Drain the broccoli and orecchiette pasta and add to the frying pan then add the Vorrei Sundried Tomatoes. If necessary add a ladle of pasta water. Cook on a medium heat for a few minutes and then turn off the heat. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Serve whilst nice and hot!