Not your typical Mac'n'Cheese casserole
- 2 Tbsp
- dry minced onion
- 1 stick
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 1/2 c
- 1/2 lb
- american cheese cubed
- 2/3 c
- bleu cheese crumbled
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 pkg
- original velveeta cheese (1/2 pound)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- pepper (i used white pepper)
- 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard powder
- 1 lb
- favorite macaroni cooked and drained
- 1 Tbsp
- olive or if you prefer canola oil
- 1 pkg
- cheetos brand corn puffs (individual sized)
How to Make Not your typical Mac'n'Cheese casserole
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (325 if using a glass baking dish) lightly butter a casserole and set aside. Saute the onion in the margarine until the aroma is clear and the onion is slightly "tanned".
- 2Stir in the flour and cook whisking all the time for 2 minutes or until a smooth paste is formed.
- 3Slowly add the milk stirring all the time and allow to thicken.
- 4Add the cheeses and continue stirring and add the salt, pepper and dry mustard. Continue on medium heat and stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
- 5Stir in the precooked macaroni and stir to combine and pour into the prepared casserole.
- 6Crush the Cheetos corn puffs into coarse pieces and sprinkle atop the casserole and put in oven to bake until bubbly and heated all through.