My Semi Homemade Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 lb
- ground beef or use 3 pds of ground beef and omit sausage
- 1 lb
- sausage links, uncooked. any kind, i have used sweet italian, beef, etc. (or can use already cooked as well, just brown them before adding them to the sauce)
- 4 jar(s)
- traditional ragu (24 oz) each
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2-3 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped or can use dried basil leaves, just use 1 1/2 tbls
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried (optional)
- parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
THIS IS FOR A LARGE GROUP AND CAN BE HALVED. I FREEZE HALF FOR ANOTHER DAY.
How to Make My Semi Homemade Meaty Spaghetti Sauce
- 1Preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
You will need a large, deep pan.
Fry your ground beef until no longer pink. Drain off the fat. ***At the same time I boil my sausages for 10 minutes and then put them in a oven proof pan and bake them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the outside is nice and brown. Turning them half way through. Once cooked, cut them into nice size chunks.
- 2Add to your ground beef - the Ragu. All the jars. I put a little water in each jar, with the lid on and shake it and pour it into the pan to get all the sauce out. The water will cook out. Add the cut up sausage to the sauce.