1 lbbulk italian sausage (i use mild)
1medium to large sweet onion, chopped
24 ozchunky pasta sauce
4 ozcan, chunky style portabella mushrooms
2 tspitalian seasoning
1 tspgarlic powder
·black pepper to taste
1 1/2 cpenne pasta (dry)
How to Make My Mostaccioli!
- Brown the Italian sausage in large sauce pot, over low heat, then drain well.
Add the chopped onion, and cook until slightly softened.
- Pour the pasta sauce over the sausage and onions, stir.
Add the rest of the remaining ingredients, except the penne noodles. Mix well.
- Simmer over low heat, approximately 1 hour, until the onions are cooked through.
- Prepare the penne as directed by instructions on package.
Drain penne, place in a large bowl, and pour your prepared meat sauce on top. Mix together.
- Always great topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.