- 1 lb
- bulk italian sausage (i use mild)
- medium to large sweet onion, chopped
- 24 oz
- chunky pasta sauce
- 4 oz
- can, chunky style portabella mushrooms
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 c
- penne pasta (dry)
How to Make My Mostaccioli!
- 1Brown the Italian sausage in large sauce pot, over low heat, then drain well.
Add the chopped onion, and cook until slightly softened.
- 2Pour the pasta sauce over the sausage and onions, stir.
Add the rest of the remaining ingredients, except the penne noodles. Mix well.
- 3Simmer over low heat, approximately 1 hour, until the onions are cooked through.
- 4Prepare the penne as directed by instructions on package.
Drain penne, place in a large bowl, and pour your prepared meat sauce on top. Mix together.
- 5Always great topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.