1 lbelbow macaroni
32 ozbeef broth
1 mediumyellow onion
1/4 colive oil
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 cparmesan cheese, freshly grated
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Mushrooms on my Elbows
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms to pan. Saute for about five minutes, then add onion. Saute until onion becomes translucent. Add garlic powder.
- Add other two tablespoons of butter, allow to melt. Then add flour. Stir for 3-4 minutes to cook the raw flour flavor away.
- Add beef broth, stir to combine flour with broth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Once mushroom sauce has thickened, add to pasta. Stir to combine. Add 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Top each bowl of pasta with a sprinkling of the rest of the cheese.