Great dinner party dish.
Everyone loves it.
I make my own ricotta or Creamed cheese and Carbonara sauce but they can be picked up in any super market.
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion chopped
- clove garlic crushed (i prefer finely chopped)
- 50 g
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped (i sometimes use bacon)
- 375 g
- 6 (ozs) ounces lge portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 3 oz
- cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp
- thyme leaves
- 1lb 3 oz lb
- pasta sauce
- 9 oz
- spinach, fresh. chopped, steamed
- 9 oz
- ricotta or creamed cheese. i make my cheese
- egg white
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- carbonara sauce
- fresh lasagne sheets or i use packet sheets
- hard cheese grated to cover top of lasagne.
How to Make Mushroom Lasagne
- 1Heat oil in fry pan. Add onion and garlic and prosciutto Ham/bacon can be used (I often use bacon)and cook for 3 min. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2Cook lge mushrooms in batches until golden,(adding a little more oil if need to). Transfer to bowl with onions,thyme and 1/2 cup of sauce. Season.
Pre heat oven to 180 deg C. 350 F Grease 22x30cm dish (9x12 inch.)
- 3In separate bowl, combine spinach cooled, ricotta, egg, parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Mix well and stir in a cup of carbonara sauce. Season.
- 4Spread 3/4 cup pasta sauce on bottom of the dish.
Lay lasagne sheets over sauce. Spoon all mushrooms evenly over. Top with layer of lasagne sheets, spoon spinach mix over, add another layer of lasagne sheets, pour remaining pasta sauce over. Top with grated tasty cheese. Bake 30-40 Min. Allow to rest for 10 Min, serve with Italian salad. This is well worth the hassle.
- 5I usually prepare and assemble before hand and bake in the evening.
Serves 6-8 people