Millie's Holy Guacamole Pasta Salad
Millie P. York
Blue Ribbon Recipe
If you're a fan of avocados, then you're going to love this recipe! The spices, textures and ingredients blend really well. Break with a traditional pasta salad and serve this at your next cookout. It's delish! The Test Kitchen
1/2 cfreshly chopped cilantro
2 largehaas avocados (diced)
4 mediumroma tomatoes (seeded & diced)
1 mediumred onion (minced)
4-5 clovefreshly minced garlic
1 can(s)black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can(s)whole kernel corn (yellow or white) drained well
8 ozpepper jack cheese (cubed in small pieces)
1 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1 boxwhole wheat rotini pasta (boiled, drained, & rinsed in cold water)
2 or 3 pinchsea salt to taste
How to Make Millie's Holy Guacamole Pasta Salad
- In a large bowl, (preferably one with a lid), combine cilantro, lime juice, & diced avocado.
- Stir until all the avocado has been coated with some of the lime juice (this will prevent the avocado from browning!).
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine!
- Season with sea salt to taste. Ground red pepper can also be added for a spicier flavor.
- Chill and serve. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.