Microwave Lasagna by Susan
WOW! One serving has 460 calories, 17 grams fat, 37 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fiber, and 38 grams protein. I can't eat too much of this. But it sure is good!
- uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb
- ground turkey italian sausage
- 1 large
- jar favorite spaghetti sauce
- 3 Tbsp
- snipped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp
- snipped fresh oregano
- 2 c
- cottage cheese
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slice
- provolone cheese
How to Make Microwave Lasagna by Susan
- 1Brown sausage well in large skillet. Pour off any fat. Stir in the Prego sauce and 3-4 tablespoons snipped fresh herbs, such as basil and oregano. Simmer 10 minutes.
- 2Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of an 8x12-inch DEEP microwave-safe baking dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles evenly over top.
- 3Spoon half the cottage cheese over noodles, and top with half the remaining sauce.
- 4Sprinkle with half the parmesan cheese and half the mozzarella. Then, repeat layers.
- 5Cover tightly with pleated plastic wrap such as Press'N Seal, to seal tightly. Cook 5 minutes on high in the microwave.
- 6Let rest 1 minute, then cook 4 minutes more on high. Remove from microwave and remove plastic wrap.
- 7Cut the slices of provolone cheese in half, and arrange evenly over top of lasagna. Place uncovered in 375° oven for 8-10 minutes to brown and melt the provolone cheese.
- 8Allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.