Mediterranean Pearl Couscous
Sometimes if I am feeling crazy I will add some mozzarella pearls!
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cisraeli (pearl) couscous
1 ptcherry tomatoes, halved
1/2vidalia onion, chopped
4 ozreduced fat crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cgarlic olive oil
10 ozbasil pesto
How to Make Mediterranean Pearl Couscous
- 1. Bring water to a rapid boil then add couscous, turn down heat, and let simmer approximately 8-10 minutes.
(Keep an eye on it and constantly test it; this is the most important part, you don’t want to over cook it and have it be mushy*.)
- 2. While water is boiling and couscous is cooking chop up your cucumbers and onion and half your cherry tomatoes. Throw into a large bowl and add ¼ cup of garlic olive oil; let sit.
- 3. Once couscous is finished drain but DO NOT RINSE. Let cool.
- 4. After couscous is cooled add to your bowl of chopped cukes, toms, & onions and stir.
- 5. Add your desired amount of pesto (typically about 7 oz, maybe the whole 10! Use to your taste)
- 6. Add more olive oil if you see it is sticking together and needs to “lubrication”.
- 7. Add feta and stir (I use ALL of it, but it’s up to you.)
- 8. Cool in the fridge for a good hour to really let the flavors meld, but feel free to dig in if you want to! ☺ I prefer eating it chilled.