Meaty Spinsch Manicotti
2 pkgmanicotti shells
1/4 cbutter cubed
1/4 call -purpose flour
2 1/2 cmilk, 2%
3/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 lbitalian sausage
4 ccubed chicken or turkey
2 pkgfrozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
1 c4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 can(s)26 1/2 oz. spaghetti sauce
1/4 cminced parsley
How to Make Meaty Spinsch Manicotti
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in parmesan cheese until melted, set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink drain. Add the chicken, spinach, eggs, mozzarella cheese and 3/4 cup white sauce. Stuff into manicotti shells.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce each in two ungreased 13 by 9 baking dishes.
- Top with manicotti. Pour remaining spaghetti sauceover the top.
- Reheat the remaining white sauce stirring constantly. Pour over spaghetti sauce. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Makes 14 to 16 servings.