Leek & Lemon Linguine
- 8 oz
- whole wheat linguine
- 2 large
- lemons plus lemon wedges for garnish
- 1 medium
- leek (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced and rinsed well
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 c
- flate leaf parsley, divided
- 2 clove
- grarlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 c
- finly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- snipped fresh chives, divided
How to Make Leek & Lemon Linguine
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until just tender or according to package directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and drain the pasta in a colander.
- 2Meanwhile, finely grate 1 tbsp. zest and squeeze 1/4 cup from the 2 lemons; set the juice aside. Pat leek slices dry. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the leek, the lemon zest, 1/4 cup parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the leek is lightly browned and softened, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add the pasta, 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid, the reserved lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup parsley to the pan. Cook, stiring constantly, until the liquid is mostly absorbed, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the remaining 1/2 cup liquid, if desired. Remove from the heat. Discard the garlic. Toss the pasta with 1/2 cup Parmesan and 2 tbsp. chives and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.