Lean and Mean Pasta Skillet
- olive oil
- 1 lb
- turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large
- yellow pepper, rough chopped
- 1 large
- onion, rough chopped
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes ( garlic, basil and oregano flavored)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box
- whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp
- oregano, dried
- sage, dried
- basil, dried and fresh
- red pepper flakes
- rosemary, dried
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Lean and Mean Pasta Skillet
- 1Heat water to cook angel hair pasta add to water oil, salt, (I also use "Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning" but if you can't find this use basil, garlic powder, oregano) When water comes to boil, cook according to directions.
- 2In large skillet, add olive oil to pan (about 1 T or a turn of pan).
Remove sausage from casings and add to pan, using spoon to break it up.
Brown sausage, add in the garlic, onions and peppers. Cook until veggies are tender. Add in the cans of tomato and all of the seasonings (I didn't give amounts for the seasonings bc I just add a dash of this and that, until it tastes right.
Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 3Drain pasta. In pot that you cooked pasta, I put 2 T butter and 1-2 T diced garlic (we LOVE garlic!), 1/4 c parm. cheese, then put the pasta back in pot and toss until well mixed up. You can omit the butter or sub margarine to make it "healthier"
Place serving of pasta on plate and top with sausage/tomato mixture and garnish with more parm cheese and fresh basil or green onions