★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 8 oz
- uncooked mostaccioli, penne or bowtie pasta
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can(s)
- (15 oz) red or black beans, rinsed & drained
- 3/4 c
- vegetable broth
- 3/4 c
- medium-hot salsa or picante sauce
- 2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/3 c
- coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
How to Make LATIN STYLE PASTA & BEANS
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
Drain & set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add bell pepper & garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add beans, broth, salsa & cumin; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- 3Add cooked pasta to skillet; cook 1 minute, tossing frequently.
Stir in cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.