Lasagna with a white sauce
- 1 box lasagna noodles (cooked according to pkg and drained)
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 4 medium tomatoes (peeled and mashed well with fork)
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 2 medium onions (minced)
- 5-6 garlic cloves (pressed thru garlic press)
- 1 quart + 2 oz milk
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 12 oz mozzerella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- salt, pepper, garlic powder,
- olive oil
How to Make Lasagna with a white sauce
- 1In non stick pan saute onion and garlic till onion is clear in color. Add grated carrots and saute gently for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2Now add the ground sirloin and season with salt pepper and garlic powder to taste. Cook until meat is cooked all the way thru.
- 3Add mashed tomatoes to this and simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- 4White sauce: melt the butter in a frying pan and while doing this, in a seperate pan bring milk to boil.
- 5Once butter is melted add flour to it mixing well as you do so, and fry this lightly. Now pour milk into this in a thin constant stream mixing it in well. Return to a boil then heat until the sauce has a nice consistancy. Add salt pepper and garlic to taste.
- 6In your lasagna pan put a thin layer of sauce and then a layer of noodles, follow this with a layer of the meat mixture a layer of mozzerella and parmesan cheeses and then a layer of the white sauce. Repeat these steps again, for one or two layers and end with noodles, then sauce and grated cheeses.
- 7Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes, remove, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven for additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8You can serve this with a side of your favorite tomato sauce if desired.