Lasagna with a white sauce
·1 box lasagna noodles (cooked according to pkg and drained)
·2 lbs ground sirloin
·4 medium tomatoes (peeled and mashed well with fork)
·1 medium carrot (grated)
·2 medium onions (minced)
·5-6 garlic cloves (pressed thru garlic press)
·1 quart + 2 oz milk
·1 stick of butter
·1 c all purpose flour
·12 oz mozzerella cheese
·salt, pepper, garlic powder,
How to Make Lasagna with a white sauce
- In non stick pan saute onion and garlic till onion is clear in color. Add grated carrots and saute gently for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now add the ground sirloin and season with salt pepper and garlic powder to taste. Cook until meat is cooked all the way thru.
- Add mashed tomatoes to this and simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- White sauce: melt the butter in a frying pan and while doing this, in a seperate pan bring milk to boil.
- Once butter is melted add flour to it mixing well as you do so, and fry this lightly. Now pour milk into this in a thin constant stream mixing it in well. Return to a boil then heat until the sauce has a nice consistancy. Add salt pepper and garlic to taste.
- In your lasagna pan put a thin layer of sauce and then a layer of noodles, follow this with a layer of the meat mixture a layer of mozzerella and parmesan cheeses and then a layer of the white sauce. Repeat these steps again, for one or two layers and end with noodles, then sauce and grated cheeses.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes, remove, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to oven for additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can serve this with a side of your favorite tomato sauce if desired.