1 lbground beef
1 lbground italian sausage
4 clovegarlic, minced
1 Tbspdry minced onion (in spice isle)
2 can(s)15 ounces (each) tomato sauce
1 can(s)6 ounce can tomato paste
2 Tbspitalian seasoning
1 Tbspgarlic powder
1 boxlasagna noodles ( you will use 12 noodles )
1 largeor extra large egg ( i used extra large )
1 Tbspdried parsley
24 ozcarton cottage cheese, small curd
2 cor more mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cparmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make Lasagna Perfection
- Add 2 tablespoons cooking oil, any kind to a large frying pan and heat. Add minced garlic and stir continually for 1 minute. Don't overcook. Add the ground beef and sausage and cook together until no longer pink. Drain
- To the meats add tomato sauce and tomato paste. Stir. Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning and dry minced onion. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer. Stir often. Simmer for 20-30 minutes, until it's deep red and smells good.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the noodles according to package.
- Start oven to 350 degrees.
- While waiting for sauce and noodles, get a mixing bowl and add the egg and whisk for a minute. Put the cottage cheese in the bowl with the whisked egg and add the parsley and mix. Set aside.
- When noodles are done, drain and rinse with cold water for a few minutes so they stop cooking and you can handle them.
- Now start to assemble lasagna. You will need a 13x9 baking pan.
There will be 4 layers. The first layer will be thin.
Put a thin layer of sauce first on the bottom. Then lay 3 lasagna noodles next to each other over the sauce. Add a small amount of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle a small amount of mozzarella over the cottage cheese mixture.
- The next three layers you do the same way but using more of each item until you end at the top with the last of the mozzarella. Then on top of the mozzarella, sprinkle the 1/2 cup of parmesan all around the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Mine was done at 50 minutes but my oven runs hot.
I made a salad and garlic bread to go with this.
This is truly delicious!