☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 LB
- bulk sausage or ground beef
- small onion, diced
- large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 c
- pasta sauce
- 16 oz
- cubed or shredded velveeta or american cheese
- 16 oz
- small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 12 oz.
- pasta or egg noodles
How to Make LASAGNA-ISH CASSEROLE
- 1Brown the sausage or ground beef, drain any grease. Add the onion, cover and let the onion and meat cook together over low heat to cook the onion and tenderize the meat, about 20 minutes. If any liquid forms, do not drain it. You can add about 1/4 cup water in the beginning if you think you need it.
- 2Add in the garlic and let cook an additonal 3 or 4 minutes. Add the pasta sauce and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 3Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
- 4Put a little of the pasta sauce on the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish, just enough to barely coat the bottom of the dish. It is best to use a deeper, round one than an oblong pan. Now, layer half of the noodles, all of the cheeses, about half of the remaining sauce, then the rest of the noodles, and then the remaining pasta sauce. Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, about 40 minutes, or until bubbly. Let sit about 10 minutes before serving.