Kickin’ Mac ‘N Cheese
Make a traditional dish with a twist - using 6 or fewer ingredients!
This mac 'n cheese dish will please those who absolutely love hot spicy foods. For those who need the heat dialed down, substitute mild banana peppers for the Jalapeños.
- 8 oz
- uncooked elbow or shell macaroni
- 8 oz
- velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 c
- evaporated milk
- 1/4 c
- sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 3/4 c
- (about 3 ounces) crushed fritos corn chips
- 1 c
- shredded pepper jack cheese
How to Make Kickin’ Mac ‘N Cheese
- 1Cook macaroni in boiling salted water as per directions on package. Drain well and place in a deep 2-quart casserole dish.
- 2While pasta is cooking, stir together Velveeta, evaporated milk, and Jalapeño peppers in a saucepan over medium heat, until Velveeta melts and mixture is smooth. Pour mixture over cooked pasta and combine well.
- 3Toss together the Fritos and pepper jack cheese, and sprinkle on top of macaroni and cheese. Bake in a 350° oven until top is crunchy and golden, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool about 5 minutes before serving.