Homemade Gnocchi with Artichoke Olive Tampenade
6good sized potatoes
1 1/4 call purpose flour
1 pinchgarlic salt
1 jar(s)red peppers
1 jar(s)kalamata (greek) olives
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1 can(s)chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
How to Make Homemade Gnocchi with Artichoke Olive Tampenade
- pierce potatoes several times with fork. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until tender.
- Remove skins from potatoes and mash in bowl until smooth (a ricer works wonders here, or if you, like me, don't have one, use your hands and a fork!)
- add egg yolks and salt to potatoes. and stir well.
- Add flour and stir until the mixture forms a dough. Knead dough until combined (do not overmx).
- Roll dough into small balls and drop into boiling water, about 5-10 at a time, allowing them to boil until the gnocchi rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and drop into colander. Continue with the rest of the gnocchi until they are all cooked.
- Drain red peppers, artichokes, and olives. Add to a food processor. Open can of chipotles in adobo sauce and rinse well, adding these to the food processor as well (you might want to start with just one or two and see how spicy the sauce is, since these can be very hot and the peppers keep well in the refrigerator when stored in an airtight container). Add garlic, cheese, and lemon juice and process until chopped and mixed well.
- Serve gnocchi warm in a bowl covered with sauce.