Homemade Egg Noodles
Once you do it, you will do it again and again.
- 2 large
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp
- baking powder (if using all-purpose flour)
- 2-1/2 c
- flour ** if using self-rising flour, do not use baking powder
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles
- 1In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten eggs, milk and butter. Knead the dough until smooth (5 to 6 minutes).
- 2Let dough rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes. Sprinkle small amount of flour onto a flat surface, Roll dough out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness using a floured rolling pin. Let air dry slightly. With scissors OR pizza wheel cutter, cut dough into desired lengths. Shake out strips and place on towel to finish drying, about 2 hours.
- 3Cook noodles in a large pot of lightly salted, boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until Al Dente'.
- 4NOTE: It may be necessary to lightly sprinkle small amount of flour directly onto dough surface while rolling out to keep it from sticking to rolling pin.