Homemade Egg Noodles
Warning: This could be an all day affair!
How to Make Homemade Egg Noodles
- Beat the egg yolks and water together thoroughly.
Stir in the salt and flour to make a very stiff yet workable dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead more flour in until the dough is soft and elastic- not sticky. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into four balls.
Roll each one out making it as thin a layer as possible.
Lay each on a separate cloth to dry.
- when they are dry enough not to stick together, stack them on top of each other.
Using a pizza cutter, cut them lengthwise into thin strips and then cut them across the width of the dough to form thin strips. About 1 1/2 to 2 inches long.
- Allow noodles to dry completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- TO SERVE HOMEMADE NOODLES:
Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp salt and 1/2 pound noodles. Stir frequently.
After water returns to boil, cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and serve alone with butter, with your favorite dish or gravy! YUMMMM