Healthified FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- 1 lb
- fettucine, uncooked
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 dash(es)
- freshly ground black pepper/ or regular
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- finely chopped chopped garlic
- 2 oz
- 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- 2chopped flat leaf parsley (flat has more flavor than the curly leaf)
- 2/3 c
- grated parmesan or ramano cheese
How to Make Healthified FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
- 1Cook fettuccine as directed on package, omitting salt. Drain; return to saucepan. Cover to keep warm; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir milk, flour, salt, black pepper with wire whisk until smooth.
- 3In a 2 qt. saucepan, melt butter over medium to low heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly (do not burn). With wire whisk, stir milk mixture into butter mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils.
- 4Stir in cream cheese until melted. Stir in Parmesan cheese till melted. Pour over Fettuccine; toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley..