It's called Hamburger Surprise because we never know what's gonna go in it:)
Better the next day after the dish has time to marry the ingredients together. However, it's delicious right out of the oven too.
Obviously, the picture of the dish is without cheese. However, make it like you like it, with or without cheese, with or without hot sauce, still yummy.
Enjoy an ole' family favorite.
1 1/2 lbground chuck
8 ozmacaroni, cooked
1 mediumonion, chopped
1 mediumbell pepper, any color
21 # cans whole tomatoes, squashed
1 smallcan tomato paste, more if you like
1 tspsalt (i used sea salt)
1/4 tsppepper, freshly grounded
·hot sauce, to taste (optional)
1 1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese (optional)
How to Make Hamburger Surprise-Connie's
- Cook macaroni until just "al dente", do not overcook or dish will be "mushy", drain and set aside.
- Fry chopped onions and pepper in butter.
- Add ground chuck and brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except for macaroni.
- Stir gently.
- Incorporate macaroni and stir gently.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. (Can be simmered on stove for 45 minutes, we like it baked.
- Add cheese(optional) on top and baked 10-15 minutes longer.
- Take out of oven and Enjoy!