It's called Hamburger Surprise because we never know what's gonna go in it:)
Better the next day after the dish has time to marry the ingredients together. However, it's delicious right out of the oven too.
Obviously, the picture of the dish is without cheese. However, make it like you like it, with or without cheese, with or without hot sauce, still yummy.
Enjoy an ole' family favorite.
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground chuck
- 8 oz
- macaroni, cooked
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 medium
- bell pepper, any color
- 1 # cans whole tomatoes, squashed
- 1 small
- can tomato paste, more if you like
- 1 tsp
- salt (i used sea salt)
- 1/4 tsp
- pepper, freshly grounded
- 1/2 c
- worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
How to Make Hamburger Surprise-Connie's
- 1Cook macaroni until just "al dente", do not overcook or dish will be "mushy", drain and set aside.
- 2Fry chopped onions and pepper in butter.
- 3Add ground chuck and brown.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except for macaroni.
- 5Stir gently.
- 6Incorporate macaroni and stir gently.
- 7Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. (Can be simmered on stove for 45 minutes, we like it baked.
- 8Add cheese(optional) on top and baked 10-15 minutes longer.
- 9Take out of oven and Enjoy!