Peggi Anne Tebben
Since this has veggies, meat, & pasta in it, we just eat it with a tossed salad & homemade rye bread.
1 lbdeerburger or hamburger
1/2bell pepper, chopped
1/2med. onion, chopped
1 qtstewed tomatoes (i used home canned)
1 can(s)whole kernel corn, undrained
2 1/2 ccups elbow macaroni
1 chot water
1 1/2 Tbspitalian seasoning
·salt & pepper to taste
·shredded cheddar (optional)
How to Make GOULASH
- On medium heat, brown the burger in 4 or 5 qt. dutch oven.
- When 1/2 the way browned, throw in peppers & onion & finish browning with lid on.Salt & pepper to taste.
- Now add the stewed tomatoes, corn, water, macaroni & Italian Seasoning.
- Place the lid on & on medium heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat & continue to cook for another 12 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn heat off & let rest for another 5 minutes until macaroni is fork-tender, (not mushy).
- Serve with shredded cheddar on top (optional).