Fresh Tomato, Basil, Garlic Sauce
For years, my best friends kept asking me for the recipe. I offered to come over and make it for them as well as write out the recipe, but they still can't make it correct. Thus, I thought I’d post this recipe just the way I make the sauce… but please, it is important to follow as I instruct, even if your mind questions the amount of certain ingredients)… great tasting with only few ingredients.
- olive oil, enough to only cover bottom of skillet
- bulb fresh garlic, peeled and minced (i mince the cloves using the pulse opt. on the food processor)
- 2 can(s)
- hunt's 100% natural petite diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 4-8 Tbsp
- basil leaves
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- fresh ground sea salt, to taste
How to Make Fresh Tomato, Basil, Garlic Sauce
- 1Place a 12-inch skillet over medium add just enough olive to cover bottom of skillet. Heat and add the minced garlic. Cook garlic to soften, but NOT brown.
- 2Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and simmer on the lowest heat for 15 minutes.
- 31 box 16 Ounce, Barilla Angel Hair Pasta (Al dente perfection in 4 to 5 minutes)
Barilla Classic Blue Box's Penne:
Bring 4 - 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste. Add contents of package to boiling water. Stir gently. Return to a boil. For authentic "al dente" pasta, boil uncovered, stirring occasionally for 11 minutes. For more tender pasta, boil an additional 1 minute. Remove from heat. Drain well.
- 4In a serving bowl add the angel hair pasta (cooked and drained) and with sauce, mixing mixture to evenly combine.