FRESH CORN FETTUCCINE
Recipe & photo: tasteofhome.com
12 ozuncooked fettuccine
4 slice(thick) bacon, chopped
4 cfresh or frozen corn, thawed
3 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1/3 cblanched almonds
1/3 colive oil
1 cthinly sliced fresh basil, divided
·halved grape tomatoes and additional grated parmesan cheese
How to Make FRESH CORN FETTUCCINE
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tsp.
- Add corn, garlic, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until corn is tender. Remove 3/4 cup corn from pan.
- Transfer remaining corn to a food processor; add cheese, almonds and oil. Process until blended. Return to skillet; add the reserved corn and heat through.
- Drain fettuccine, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta, three-fourths of the bacon and 3/4 cup basil to corn mixture. Add enough reserved pasta water to reach desired consistency, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and basil. Top with tomatoes and additional cheese.