FRESH CORN FETTUCCINE
Recipe & photo: tasteofhome.com
- 12 oz
- uncooked fettuccine
- 4 slice
- (thick) bacon, chopped
- 4 c
- fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c
- blanched almonds
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 1 c
- thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- halved grape tomatoes and additional grated parmesan cheese
How to Make FRESH CORN FETTUCCINE
- 1Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tsp.
- 3Add corn, garlic, salt and pepper to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until corn is tender. Remove 3/4 cup corn from pan.
- 4Transfer remaining corn to a food processor; add cheese, almonds and oil. Process until blended. Return to skillet; add the reserved corn and heat through.
- 5Drain fettuccine, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta, three-fourths of the bacon and 3/4 cup basil to corn mixture. Add enough reserved pasta water to reach desired consistency, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining bacon and basil. Top with tomatoes and additional cheese.