Flat Noodle Shrimp Kueh Teow (pad Thai)
1 lbjumbo shrimp
3eggs - beaten
1yellow onions - sliced thinly
6fresh red chilies
·blend the red chilies and garlic together
2 csweet soya sauce and salty (regular) soya sauce
1 ccooking oil
1 lbfresh bean sprouts
How to Make Flat Noodle Shrimp Kueh Teow (pad Thai)
- Soak the flat rice noodle in warm water for 2 hours until softened or boil in hot water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Sauté 5 or 10 pieces of shrimp for garnishing. Grind the remainder in a blender into a shrimp paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the onions and the blended red chili and garlic and stir-fry until the oil rises to the top.
- Then add the shrimp paste and continue to stir-fry to prevent from burning.
- Add the beaten egg and stir until the egg and shrimp is cooked.
- Add the soya sauce followed by the rice noodle
- Stir-fry until all noodle is evenly mixed in with the spices and sauce evenly
- Taste and add more salt to your taste (remember the soya sauce has a lot of salt) Turn of heat, then add the bean sprout and stir thoroughly.