Flat Noodle Shrimp Kueh Teow (pad Thai)
- 1 lb
- jumbo shrimp
- eggs - beaten
- yellow onions - sliced thinly
- fresh red chilies
- 8 clove
- blend the red chilies and garlic together
- 2 c
- sweet soya sauce and salty (regular) soya sauce
- 1 c
- cooking oil
- 1 lb
- fresh bean sprouts
How to Make Flat Noodle Shrimp Kueh Teow (pad Thai)
- 1Soak the flat rice noodle in warm water for 2 hours until softened or boil in hot water for 5 minutes, then drain.
- 2Sauté 5 or 10 pieces of shrimp for garnishing. Grind the remainder in a blender into a shrimp paste.
- 3Heat the oil in a wok and add the onions and the blended red chili and garlic and stir-fry until the oil rises to the top.
- 4Then add the shrimp paste and continue to stir-fry to prevent from burning.
- 5Add the beaten egg and stir until the egg and shrimp is cooked.
- 6Add the soya sauce followed by the rice noodle
- 7Stir-fry until all noodle is evenly mixed in with the spices and sauce evenly
- 8Taste and add more salt to your taste (remember the soya sauce has a lot of salt) Turn of heat, then add the bean sprout and stir thoroughly.