Fettuccine with Grilled Summer Vegetables1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 4 large
- garlic cloves, skewered unpeeled
- green bell peppers, quartered
- red bell pepper, quartered
- eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 large
- zucchinis, sliced lengthwise
- 8 large
- plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- salt, divided
- 1/3 c
- basil, fresh chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme, fresh chopped
- 1 lb
- fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Fettuccine with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- 1Brush garlic, bell peppers, eggplant, onion, zucchini and tomatoes with oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2Grill garlic 10 to 20 minutes, bell peppers 12 to 15 minutes, eggplant 10 to 12 minutes, onion 8 to 12 minutes, zucchini and tomatoes 5 to 10 minutes, over medium-hot heat, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- 3Remove garlic from skin and mash with fork; set aside.
- 4Cool and peel bell peppers.
- 5Cut bell peppers and remaining grilled vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- 6Toss all the vegetables in a large serving bowl with basil, thyme, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and mashed garlic.
- 7Toss with hot pasta.
- 8Makes 6 servings.