FARFALLE WITH FENNEL, CREAM AND HERBS
Recipe & photo: Pasta Revolution Cookbook
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- fennel bulbs, fronds chopped, stalks discarded, bulbs halved, cored, and sliced thin
- scallions, white parts minced, green parts sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 lb
- 1/4 c
- minced fresh tarragon or mint
How to Make FARFALLE WITH FENNEL, CREAM AND HERBS
- 1In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the fennel bulbs and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook until soft and golden, about 20 minutes.
- 2Stir in the scallion white parts and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream and simmer about 8 minutes, until thickened.
- 3While fennel bulbs are cooking, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add the pasta and 1 Tbsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, until al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- 4Reserve about 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and return it to the pot. Add the sauce, fennel fronds, scallion greens, and tarragon (or mint); toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add reserved cooking water to adjust consistency as needed. Serve hot.