★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 average eggplant
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lb hamburger
- 1/2 lb or box of penne pasta
- 2-3 dried oregano
How to Make Eggplant-pasta bake
- 1Pour some sauce on bottom of oval baker. Boil penne pasta till al dente in salted water, then drain and set aside.
- 2Slice eggplant after peeling, about 3/8 in. thick and sprinkle with salt. Place on top of sauce in baker dish.
- 3Sprinkle cheese over it and then top with oregano.
Crumble hamburger into fry pan, and cook till medium done and drain off grease. Put crumbles on top of cheese and cover with pasta and more sauce. Then top with more cheese and pinch of oregano. Bake at 350 F for about 40-45 min or till cheese is lightly browned. Serve with garlic bread. Yum!