Easy Spaghetti meat sauce
- 1 lb
- hamburger 20%
- 1 small
- onion chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1 pkg
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can(s)
- tomatoes diced w/ liquid
- 1 can(s)
- tomato sauce
- 1/2 c
- red wine, dry burgundy
- few dash(es)
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 qt
- pasta of choice
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Easy Spaghetti meat sauce
- 1Heat a deep frying pan like a wok with low to medium heat, add olive oil. Don't overheat pan.
Prepare onions and garlic, open cans, mushroom package and hamburger.
- 2Cut ends off of onion, make a shallow cut on the side of the onion, peel skin by starting at slit.
Cut onion in half, lay flat, make several cuts along length of onion, turn onion and cut 1/4in slices until there is a pile of chopped onion.
- 3Peel the outer skin from garlic. Lay clove of garlic on cutting board. Place the widest part of a knife blade on top of the garlic. With the heel of your hand press firmly until the clove flattens and the skin splits. Remove skin and cut off the ends of the clove, make cuts along the length of garlic, turn garlic and make very fine cuts until there is a pile of minced garlic
- 4Turn heat up on pan add onions stir and cook one minute add garlic stir, cook half minute just enough to flavor the olive oil. Add hamburger and break it up with a wooden spoon. Turn heat to medium and continue to stir and cook meat until there is no pink color. Add Italian seasoning stir to mix. Dash in salt and pepper to taste. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and mushrooms. Add red wine stir and simmer 30 minutes
- 5After a short simmer this is when to taste and make adjustments. Sauce should be gently bubbling and beginning to thicken. Continue to simmer at low heat.
- 6Boil water in a large pot add a few dashes of salt.
When water is rolling add pasta. Make sure water covers pasta. Example for spaghetti a bunch about the size of a quarter or slightly bigger between your thumb and first finger for two persons. Cook pasta about 12-15 minutes with water rolling slightly. I don't know who Al Dente is.
- 7When pasta is done take 3 or 4 tablespoons of pasta water and add to sauce. This will thin the sauce. Stir as you go and watch to your liking.
- 8Drain pasta in a colander
- 9Serve pasta with sauce on top in a pasta bowl.
Have parmesan ready
Set sliced sour dough bread on the side