Diabetic Penne with Broccoli Rabe
- 12 oz
- broccoli florets
- 6 oz
- dried multi-grain penne pasta
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1 slice
- bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 c
- dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- shaved asiago cheese (1 oz.)
How to Make Diabetic Penne with Broccoli Rabe
- 1Wash broccoli, set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan cook pasta in a large amount of boiling water for 8 minutes.
- 3Add broccoli rabe or broccoli florets. Cook about 3 minutes more or just until pasta is tender; drain well.
- 4Return mixture to hot saucepan; cover and keep warm.
- 5Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook onion, bacon, and garlic over medium heat about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6Reduce heat to low. Add tomatoes, wine, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook for 2 minutes more, stirring frequently.
4. Add tomato mixture to pasta mixture; toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.