- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- onions, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- 6 tsp
- bottled minced garlic in olive oil
- 5-1/4 c
- chicken broth
- 20 oz cans cannelini beans, undrained
- 14-1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- ditalini pasta
- 1/2 c
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese.
How to Make dads pasta e fagiole
- 1In lg pot, heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and garlic until onion is soft.
Stir in broth, 1 can cannelini beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- 2Cook pasta as directed, drain. Using a potato masher, gently mash beans and tomatoes in pot. Add remaining beans, parsley and pasta
- 3Reduce heat to low. Simmer 30 mins, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle w/ parmesan cheese just before serving.