CREAMY CAULIFLOWER MAC & CHEESE
Photo: Kate Mathis
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 mediumhead cauliflower florets cut into 2-inch pieces
4 mediumcarrots, sliced thinly
1 cvegetable broth
3/4 cshredded gruyere cheese
1/4 ccream cheese
1 tspdijon mustard
1 pinchcayenne pepper
12 ozelbow macaroni
3 cfrozen broccoli florets
1 can(s)(15 oz.) tomatoes, chopped and drained
1/4 cgrated parmesan cheese
How to Make CREAMY CAULIFLOWER MAC & CHEESE
- Place cauliflower and carrots in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water. Cook 15 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the broth, 1/2 cup of the Gruyere, cream cheese, mustard, cayenne, salt and pepper in a blender. Transfer the cauliflower and carrots to blender and puree until very smooth.
- Add the pasta to the same pot of boiling water and cook half the time that the package directs. Add broccoli during the last minute of cooking. Drain; return to pot. Stir in the cauliflower sauce and half of the tomatoes.
- Spread mixture in a shallow baking dish. Top with the remaining Gruyere and tomatoes and the Parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown on top and heated through.