Classic Lasagna Rolls
1 lbground beef
1 cchopped onion
1 jar(s)(26 ounces) pasta sauce with herbs
1(16 ounces) container ricotta cheese
1 1/4 cshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cparmesan, grated
How to Make Classic Lasagna Rolls
- Preheat Oven to 350F. Coat a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, drains noodles. Rinse with cool water; drain again. Lay noodles flat on waxed paper.
- Cook Ground beef , onion and garlic in a medium skillet over medium high heat until meat is browned and crumbly ,about 8 minutes.Drain fat from skillet. Add Pasta sauce; heat to boiling. Spread 2 cups of meat sauce into prepared baking dish.
- Mix ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella in a large bowl. Spread cheese mixture over each noodle.
- Roll up noodles tightly; place seam sides down on top of meat sauce in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over rolls; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake rolls until heated through about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- HELPFUL HINT:
For a richer flavor; drizzled drained noodles with a touch of olive oil instead of rinsing them.
Mix and Match:
Use 1 pound of bulk-style Italian Sausage, ground pork or ground turkey instead of ground beef to make the sauce.