Classic Lasagna Rolls
- lasagna noodles
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 c
- chopped onion
- 2 clove
- 1 jar(s)
- (26 ounces) pasta sauce with herbs
- (16 ounces) container ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 c
- parmesan, grated
How to Make Classic Lasagna Rolls
- 1Preheat Oven to 350F. Coat a 13X9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Prepare noodles according to package directions, drains noodles. Rinse with cool water; drain again. Lay noodles flat on waxed paper.
- 3Cook Ground beef , onion and garlic in a medium skillet over medium high heat until meat is browned and crumbly ,about 8 minutes.Drain fat from skillet. Add Pasta sauce; heat to boiling. Spread 2 cups of meat sauce into prepared baking dish.
- 4Mix ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella in a large bowl. Spread cheese mixture over each noodle.
- 5Roll up noodles tightly; place seam sides down on top of meat sauce in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over rolls; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake rolls until heated through about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 6HELPFUL HINT:
For a richer flavor; drizzled drained noodles with a touch of olive oil instead of rinsing them.
Mix and Match:
Use 1 pound of bulk-style Italian Sausage, ground pork or ground turkey instead of ground beef to make the sauce.