CHICKEN & SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE
Rose Mary Mogan
I decided to add just a small amount of Pepper jack cheese to blend with the cheddar, to add just a bit of kick to the recipe, & the roasted jar of red peppers that I always have available in the pantry for color and added flavor. I must say my husband was very pleased with this dinner. When he is happy, so am I.
- 1 lb
- angel air pasta, vermecilli, or rotini
- 8 oz
- roasted red peppers drained & chopped
- 8 oz
- canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 medium
- 1 medium
- green bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp
- olive oil or butter
- 2 c
- cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 c
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c
- shredded pepper jack cheese, or chese of your choice
- 1 1/2 tsp
- steak seasoning
- 3 medium
- chicken breasts bone in (for added extra flavor)
- mild itaian sausage links(about 1 1/2 pounds)
How to Make CHICKEN & SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE
- 4Debone the chicken, and cut or break into smaller portions, then cut each of the sausages into about 4-5 pieces each.
- 5Reserve 2 cups of broth from pot after the spaghetti has cooked to add to spaghetti mixture later, because it has a lot of flavor from the sausages, or use canned chicken broth. Then drain spaghetti in a colander and set aside till needed.
- 8Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl or use pot after it has cooled down, and add about half of the spaghetti, drained mushrooms, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar and stir, add in about half of the reserved stock, and stir until mixture is blended together. Then add in the seasoning and the canned soups, pepper jack cheese, remaining spaghetti, & stock if needed and stir, add in the chicken and cut sausages , stirring till it is all blended into the casserole.