Cheapo Broccoli Beef
1 1/2 - 2 lbcheap cut of beef (usually use roundsteak)
2 cfresh broccoli or 1 - 16 oz bag frozen broccoli
2 cfresh sliced carrots or 1 - 16 oz bag of frozen carrots
1 pkgper person, oriental flavored ramen noodles
1 Tbspcorn starch per person
1/2 chot water per person
·salt and pepper
How to Make Cheapo Broccoli Beef
Cut beef into bite sized pieces. Kitchen scissors makes this quick and easy.
Cut broccoli and carrots into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle with soy sauce.
Measure hot water and add seasoning packets from noodles and corn starch. Stir until dissolved and set aside.
Heat skillet or wok on med to med high heat.
- Add oil.
- Add meat and stir fry until done to preference.
- Add vegetables at any stage and stir fry to preferred tenderness. Since I am usually cooking multiple servings, I cook the meat and vegetables separately.
- Remove meat and vegetables, leaving drippings in pan.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and slowly add to skillet, stir with a wire whisk until clear and bubbly (mixture will be cloudy until properly cooked.) If sauce is too thick, add hot water a little at a time until preferred consistency. If sauce is too thin, mix 1 - 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to enough water to make a paste that is pouring consistency and pour into sauce. Continue in this manner until the sauce is to your desired consistency.
- Add meat and vegetables to sauce and let simmer a few minutes until everything is hot and bubbly.
- Boil noodles per package direction, or until just tender. You don't want to over cook the noodles!
- Spoon the sauce mixture over hot noodles.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce, salt and pepper.