Carry Out Casserole
Quaint and simply delicious!
- 2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 6 oz
- tomato paste, italian
- 15 oz
- tomato sauce, italian seasoned
- 1 Tbsp
- dry onion soup mix
- 3/4 c
- beef broth
- 8 oz
- pkg. noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 c
- small curd creamed cottage cheese, divided
- 1/2 c
- drained and sliced black olives
- 1 c
- dairy sour cream
How to Make Carry Out Casserole
- 1In a large skillet add a little vegetable oil and the beef. Cook and scramble over moderate heat until it no longer looks pink. Drain off grease.
- 2Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, onion soup mix dry and beef broth. Bring mixture to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer covered, 20 minutes. Put half of the mixture in a 13x9 or 11x7 inch casserole.
- 3Add 1/2 of the noodles to the pan and then 1/2 the cottage cheese which is mixed with the olives and sour cream.
Repeat layers, ending with the other 1/2 of plain cottage cheese. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350^ for 30 minutes or until bubbly.