Caramelized Onion and Garlic Pasta
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- extra large sweet onion
- 2 1/2 c
- uncooked medium shell pasta
- 2 tsp
- heaping, minced garlic
- 4 oz
- (1/2 block) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp
- white pepper
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1/2 c
- half and half, more or less
How to Make Caramelized Onion and Garlic Pasta
- 1In a medium skillet, melt butter and heat until sizzling.
- 2While butter is heating, take the onion and cut in half, then thinly slice each half. Add the onion to the heated butter and separate with a spatula into individual pieces.
- 3While the onion is cooking, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions; drain, add the softened cream cheese and mozzarella; set aside.
- 4Cook the onion until caramelized and nicely browned; add the minced garlic, stirring for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- 5Add the onion mixture, white pepper, salt and half 'n half to the pasta mixture. Stir to combine and heat over low heat until mixed and heated through.
NOTE: Any pasta variety of choice can be used for this recipe.