Caramelized Onion and Garlic Pasta
1 Tbspunsalted butter
1extra large sweet onion
2 1/2 cuncooked medium shell pasta
2 tspheaping, minced garlic
4 oz(1/2 block) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 tspwhite pepper
·coarse salt, to taste
1/2 chalf and half, more or less
How to Make Caramelized Onion and Garlic Pasta
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and heat until sizzling.
- While butter is heating, take the onion and cut in half, then thinly slice each half. Add the onion to the heated butter and separate with a spatula into individual pieces.
- While the onion is cooking, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions; drain, add the softened cream cheese and mozzarella; set aside.
- Cook the onion until caramelized and nicely browned; add the minced garlic, stirring for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the onion mixture, white pepper, salt and half 'n half to the pasta mixture. Stir to combine and heat over low heat until mixed and heated through.
NOTE: Any pasta variety of choice can be used for this recipe.