Cabbage And Noodles
I made a few tweaks to a recipe I found in a vegetarian cookbook, "From Vegetables With Love".
1 mediumhead of cabbage
1 pkgwide egg noodles (16 ounces)
1 stickbutter (1/2 cup) (i know it sounds like a lot of butter, but it's not.)
1 mediumonion, diced
3-4 clovegarlic, sliced or minced
1 Tbspcaraway seeds, optional
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cabbage And Noodles
- Start a large pot of water boiling for the noodles. In another large pot, bring salted water to a boil.
- Slice cabbage into medium size pieces. Boil until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter in medium skillet. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add caraway seeds, if desired, salt and pepper. (Reduce heat to low and keep warm while noodles finish cooking if necessary)
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Add cabbage and onion-butter mixture. Mix well. Check seasoning and serve.