Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Sugar and Sage
16 ozbutternut squash ravioli, cooked per package instructions
3/4 cpecans, chopped
1/2 cdried cranberries
3 Tbspbutter, not margarine
1/4 cbrown sugar
3/4 tspkosher salt
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1 1/2 Tbspchopped fresh sage
2 Tbspheavy cream
How to Make Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Sugar and Sage
- Prepare pasta as directed on package and drain.
- While pasta cooks, start the sauce. Have all the ingredients ready as this comes together quickly.
- Using a large wide sauce pan or skillet, toast pecans with cranberries on medium heat until just fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low, add butter and stir.
- Add brown sugar, salt cayenne and sage. Stir until butter is completely melted.
- Whisk in cream, add cooked ravioli and enjoy!
- *** If you can't find butternut squash ravioli, you can always use the chicken ravioli, spinach or even the cheese ravioli and you will be just fine. I usually get mine at Sam's Club or Cub. If you are feeling energetic, you can always make your own.