Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Sugar and Sage
- 16 oz
- butternut squash ravioli, cooked per package instructions
- 3/4 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c
- dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp
- butter, not margarine
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh sage
- 2 Tbsp
- heavy cream
How to Make Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Sugar and Sage
- 1Prepare pasta as directed on package and drain.
- 2While pasta cooks, start the sauce. Have all the ingredients ready as this comes together quickly.
- 3Using a large wide sauce pan or skillet, toast pecans with cranberries on medium heat until just fragrant.
- 4Reduce heat to low, add butter and stir.
- 5Add brown sugar, salt cayenne and sage. Stir until butter is completely melted.
- 6Whisk in cream, add cooked ravioli and enjoy!
- 7*** If you can't find butternut squash ravioli, you can always use the chicken ravioli, spinach or even the cheese ravioli and you will be just fine. I usually get mine at Sam's Club or Cub. If you are feeling energetic, you can always make your own.