Buttered Corn and Noodles
Fresh or frozen sweet corn can be used in this recipe. Food52
- 8 oz
- package of egg noodle pasta, cooked al dente( about 6 minutes)
- 2 c
- frozen corn or 4 ears of corn
- 4 slice
- thick maple flavored bacon,,fried crispy and chopped
- 4 medium
- green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp
- 6 medium
- basil leaves chopped fine
- 1 pinch
- fresh marjoram, chopped fine
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream or milk of fresh scraped corn cob
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Buttered Corn and Noodles
- 1If using fresh corn; cut corn off the cob, then milk the cobs as well.Add the chopped herbs to the milk or cream.
- 2Cut the bacon and fry crisp in a large skillet. When the bacon is crisp, drain on paper towel , remove all but 1 Tablespoon of the bacon grease.
Add the butter and corn to the skillet with remaining bacon grease. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Add the noodles to the skillet, add the milk, then toss in the herbs and green onion and the bacon. Sprinkle in the lemon zest, toss and serve.