BRIANA'S FATHER'S DAY PASTA SKILLET
Rose Mary Mogan
Because this was made especially for my husband on Father's Day, it had to have lots meat in it. The combination worked so well that he had several servings of it. Give it a try, I am sure you will like it too.
- 1 lb
- angel hair pasta (i used barilla)
- 2 bunch
- green onions, chopped
- 16 oz
- frozen early june green peas
- 2 large
- fresh tomatoes, diced
- 4-6 clove
- garlic minced
- 1 large
- can jumbo black olives, sliced
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1/2-3/4 lb
- hickory smoked ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 lb
- smoked bacon,cut up & cooked till crisp
- 2 c
- shredded italian cheese or your choice
- 2 1/3 c
- heavy whipping cream,
- 6 small
- mini sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp
- italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 tsp
- granulated garlic, & 1/2 tp. steak seaoning for chicken breast
How to Make BRIANA'S FATHER'S DAY PASTA SKILLET
- 2Boil pasta, cooked al dente according to directions on package rinse under cold water and set aside till needed.
- 3Cut bacon slices into small pieces about 1 1/2 inch size pieces. Place in LARGE 16 INCH skillet or POT over medium high heat and cook until bacon is crisp. Remove when crisp to a platter lined with paper towel to drain. Set aside till needed. Reserve the bacon drippings to cook the chicken and other ingredients.
- 4Cut up ham into thin strips. Set aside on a plate or platter till needed. Now cut up chicken breast into thin sliced strips, and season with garlic powder and steak seasoning, or season after it is in the skillet if desired.DO NOT CROSS CONTAMINATE CUTTING BOARD. PLEASE WASH WITH SOAPY WATER AFTER CUTTING CHICKEN.
- 6Add 2 additional tablespoons of rendered fat to skillet if needed and toss in the chopped green onions & minced garlic, saute until transparent, about 3 minutes. Then pour in the heavy whipping cream and heat to just BELOW THE BOILING POINT, then add in the frozen peas, and stir , heating for about 3-4 minutes until peas turn bright green.