Bowties with Scallions
Catherine Cappiello Pappas1
- 3 bunches of scallions – sliced
- 2 bell peppers – sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic – sliced
- 1 quart of button mushrooms – sliced
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger – sliced
- 2 stalks of celery – sliced
- ¼ cup of fresh basil – chopped
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 box of your favorite macaroni
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbs. capers – chopped – plus 2 tbs. caper juice
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tbs. olive oil
How to Make Bowties with Scallions
- 1Prepare the macaroni as directed while cooking the veggies.
Heat a large frying pan with the olive oil; add the mushrooms to sauté and become a nice golden color. Remove the mushrooms and set aside.
In the same frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add the veggies. Cook the veggies down until slightly wilted then add the mushrooms back in and toss.
Plate the macaroni; top with the sautéed veggies and stir in the dressing; toss and serve.