Bowties with Sausage and Ricotta Sauce
1 lb(4 links) italian sausage
8 ozbowtie pasta, uncooked
8 ozsliced mushrooms
1/2 tspdried rosemary (chopped)
1 tspdried italian seasonig
15 oztomato sauce
1/2 tsponion powder
1/2 tspgarlic powder
15 ozricotta cheese
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 cshredded italian cheese blend (or just mozzarella)
How to Make Bowties with Sausage and Ricotta Sauce
- Cook sausages in a bit of oil, in a large skillet, until just barely done (they will finish cooking in oven). Remove to a plate.
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package instructions. Drain.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms (add more oil if needed) until lightly browned. Stir in rosemary and Italian seasoning.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in onion and garlic powders. Stir in ricotta and cook, stirring, until ricotta is incorporate into tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in water, as needed, to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place drained pasta in casserole. Place sausages across top of pasta.
- Pour sauce over pasta and sausages. Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Srpinkle cheese blend over to and bake another 10 minutes, until cheese in melted and bubbly.
- Place one sausage and some pasta on each plate.