Blackened Red Snapper with Fresh Salsa
- red snapper fillets
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- small onion, diced
- spanish olives, diced
- pepper of your choice, seeded and diced - i prefer jalapeno
- handful of cilantro leaves, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp
- smoky paprika
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
FOR FISH SEASONING:
How to Make Blackened Red Snapper with Fresh Salsa
- 1In a medium bowl combine all ingredients for salsa. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- 2In a large non-stick skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. While skillet is warming sprinkle the fillets with the fish seasoning generously on both sides. (I usually have seasoning left over but it's great on chicken, or shrimp too)
- 3Let the fish cook for 5 minutes on each side. Snapper is a very flaky fish so use a fish spatula to turn them gently. If they break it's not the end of the world...they will still taste amazing!
- 4I like to serve the snapper over pasta with the salsa over the top. Any remaining juice from the salsa I spoon over each of the fillets. Enjoy!