2-3 cskinner dumplings
1 lbwhite turkey
Generous scoop(s)or sprinklings garlic powder
Generous scoop(s)or sprinklings mrs dash original
2-3 cchopped green bell peppers
1/2 cor more mushrooms
2-3 cgrated cheese
2 pinchberbere spice
How to Make Benny & Nancy's White Turkey & Noodles
- In medium sauce pan, fill about half the pan with water and do not add salt. Turn on high heat.
- On another burner in skillet, cook till just brown 1 lb turkey or ground beef. Season with Mrs Dash and garlic powder. Drain and set aside.
- When water boils, cook "noodles" almost to aldente. Set aside.
- Put green bell peppers in sauce pan and just barely cover with water. Cook till just starting to get soft.
- We use fresh mushrooms to avoid high sodium. Add desired amount to bell peppers and cook till both are tender.
- Leave bells, mushrooms and liquid in pan; add beef and noodles and stir well.
- Season to taste with garlic and Mrs. Dash Original. Add the Berbere. No more than 2 pinches unless you can eat extremely hot foods!
- Add 2 cups of cheese to start with, stirring well, then add more if needed.
- Serve warm with brocoli and califlower mixed cooked with unsalted butter and garlic in microwaveable dish for about 5 minutes. Add some black pepper. If you want, salt on plate. This is for no-salt, low-sodium diets.
- Could also add salad or guacamole to the meal. Also goes well with couscous and vegetables. DELICIOUS!