BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH GARLIC AND BUTTER
- 1 small
- spaghetti squash, about 3-4 pounds
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 c
- finely minced parsley (or basil)
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH GARLIC AND BUTTER
- 1Pierce the squash a few times with a sharp paring knife to let steam escape. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 60 minutes, or until a paring knife pierces easily through skin with little resistance. Let squash cool for 10 minutes.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthwise. Use fork to remove and discard the seeds. Continue using fork to scrape the squash to get long, lovely strands. If the squash seem difficult to scrape, return the squash to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- 3Heat a large saute pan with the butter and the garlic over medium-low heat. When garlic becomes fragrant, add parsley, salt and spaghetti squash strands. Toss well, sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and taste to see if you need more salt. The spaghetti squash should have a slight crunch (not mushy). But if you like it softer, cover the pan and cook 2 more minutes.