- 8 oz
- ronzoni garden delight ziti
- oil for frying
- 1 large
- eggplant, peeled, thinly sliced
- 28 oz jar heart healthy prego spaghetti sauce
- 2 c
- reduced-fat, shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 c
- reduced-fat grated parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make Baked pasta and eggplant
- 1Heat oven to 400 Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan w/ cooking spray. Cook pasta, drain.In lg, deep skillet, heat 1/4' oil over medium heat. Cook eggplant in oil until well browned on both sides, add more oil as needed.
- 2Drain eggplant on paper towels. Reserve 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Combine remaining sauce w/ ziti pasta. Layer 1/2 the ziti mix into bottom of pan. Sprinkle w/ 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 the eggplant and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3Top w/ reserved sauce and remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered for 30 mins, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.