- 6 oz
- ziti pasta
- oil for frying
- 1 large
- eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 28 oz jar prego marinara sauce, divided
- 2 c
- reduced-fat shredded mozzarella chees, divided
- 1/3 c
- grated parmesan chees
How to Make Baked pasta and eggplant
- 1Heat oven to 400. Spray a 9" x 13" casserole dish w/ cooking spray.
- 2Cook pasta as directed, drain, keep warm. In lg skillet, heat 1/4" oil over medium heat until hot. Fry eggplant in oil, a few slices at a time until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 cup marinara sauce.
- 3Combine remaining sauce and pasta. Layer 1/2 the ziti mix in bottom of dish. Sprinkle w/ 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 the egplant and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top w/ reserved sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake 30 min, or until bubbly and heated through.